User information to be collected and collection method
For the purpose of this policy, “user information” shall mean information pertaining to the identification of users, behavioral history on communication services, and other information generated or accumulated in relation to users or users’ terminals, which is collected by the Company in accordance with this policy. User information collected by the Company in the Service will be as follows, depending on the method of collection.
- (1) Information to be provided by the user.
The following information is required to be provided by users in order to use this service or through the use of this service.
- Name, date of birth, and gender
- E-mail address
- IP address
- Browser and device information
- Viewing history
- Details of purchases and payments (except for financial information such as credit card numbers)
- Information entered or transmitted by the User through input forms or other methods specified by the Company
- (2) Information provided by other services when the user permits linking with other services in the use of this service.
When a user permits linking with other services such as social networking services when using this service, the following information will be collected from the external service based on the content agreed upon at the time of permission.
- ID used by the user for the relevant external service
- Other information that the user has authorized to be disclosed to the linked party according to the privacy settings of the relevant external service.
- (3) Information collected by the Company when users use the Service
We may collect information about your access to and use of the Service. This includes the following information
- IP address
- Information on server access logs
- Cookies, ADID, IDFA, and other identifiers
- (4) Use of Google Analytics
Purpose of use
The specific purposes of use of user information related to the provision of this service are as follows.
- To provide, maintain, protect, and improve the Service, including the acceptance of registration, identification, user authentication, recording of user settings, and calculation of usage fees.
- To measure user traffic and behavior
- To distribute, display, and measure the effectiveness of advertisements
- To provide information and respond to inquiries regarding the Service.
- To notify you of changes to the terms and conditions of this service.
Method of notification, publication, or obtaining consent, and method of requesting discontinuation of use
The User may request that the collection or use of all or part of the User Information be stopped, and in such case, the Company shall promptly stop the use of the User Information in accordance with the provisions of the Company. In addition, since the collection or use of some items of user information is a prerequisite for the Service, the Company will stop the collection or use of such information only when the use of the Service is discontinued.
Deleting a user account
If you wish to delete your user account for this service, please contact us through Contact Us.>
Provision to third parties
Of the user information, the Company will not disclose personal information to third parties (including those located outside Japan) without the prior consent of the user. However, this does not apply to the following cases.
- When the Company entrusts all or part of the handling of personal information within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use.
- When personal information is provided in connection with the succession of business due to a merger or other reasons.
- When it is necessary to cooperate with a national agency, a local government, or a person or organization entrusted by either of the foregoing in executing affairs prescribed by laws and regulations, and obtaining the user’s consent is likely to impede the execution of such affairs.
- When otherwise permitted by the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (hereinafter referred to as the “Personal Information Protection Act”) When permitted by other laws and regulations.
Disclosure of personal information
When the Company receives a request from a user to disclose his/her personal information in accordance with the provisions of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, the Company shall disclose the personal information to the user without delay after confirming that the request is made by the user himself/herself (if the personal information in question does not exist, the Company shall notify the user to that effect). However, this does not apply in cases where we are not obligated to disclose the information under the Personal Information Protection Law or other laws and regulations.
Contact for inquiries
If you have any opinions, questions, complaints, or other inquiries regarding the handling of user information, please contact the following
#201, 9-52 Kinomi-cho, Yamagata City, 990-0044, Yamagata
YAMAGATA International Documentary Film Festival (NPO)
The Company will modify this Policy as necessary. However, in the event that the Company changes this Policy in a manner that requires the consent of the User under the law, the changed Policy shall be applied only to those Users who have consented to the change in the manner prescribed by the Company. In the event that the Company makes any changes to this Policy, the Company shall notify the User of the effective date and content of the revised Policy by displaying it on the Company’s website or by other appropriate means.
Last update : Sep 26, 2021